Friday 15 May 2009

More of a damp squib than a bomb Lush Geo Phyzz Bath Bomb

Advantages: Eventually pleasant

Disadvantages: Smells like disinfectant at first

I was recently given a selection of Lush stuff, in fact rather a lot, so expect some other reviews from me soon. 

Now I don't normally use this sort of thing, but a gift is a gift, and you don't look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth. I don't normally bother with Lush in general. their shops stink the street out, and when you do go in there you are pounced upon by the staff, to the point where it is almost assault! 

This was the first out of the box. 

Of course I knew what it was, but what I thought I was holding in my hand was a rather small model of a strange planet off the set of some science fiction B Movie. The most bizarre looking toiletry product I have seen in a long time. 

Of course, being a Lush product. I was expecting a bit of a pong and this was no exception. The smell reminded me of pine disinfectant and although not a severe, just the suggestion was enough to be a put off. 

Anyway, in for a penny and all that, it was eventually time to give this a go. 

I began to run the bath, and when there was enough water in it, I placed the bath bomb under the still running hot tap. Now if I had been a child I would have been a little excited at watching this spheroid bounce and tumble around under the running tap, as it fizzed away to it ever shrinking end. 

The nasty pong had subsidsed, perhaps diluted by the water. 

When I got into the bath the water felt unusually soft and the smell which had now become more of a pleasant aroma made me feel a little more relaxed, not just in general, but in using this product. 

Well I must say, how pleasantly surprised I am at having used this. I am still to be convinced by Lush products, but this wasn't a bad start.

Summary: A reasonably interesting bath time treat

No comments:

Post a Comment