Thursday 14 May 2009

Beanz Meanz Heinz no doubt about that

Advantages: Top taste in a world of pulses

Disadvantages: They make other people fart

There really are the king of beans, but I wonder if that is because people of the pre-supermarket generation knew no different. As a child I don't remember seeing supermarket own-brand, or indeed any other brand of baked beans. 

Maybe my mum just bought these! 

Anyway this is what I am used to and any other baked bean in tomato sauce, whilst not being awful, just isn't a Heinz baked bean. 

And I know I am not alone in thinking this way. Even though there are times when money might seem short and you will buy a tin of 'bargain beans' from the local 'cheapo-mart, you always end up going back to the beloved Heinz. 

And where do you think I enjoy my Heinz beans best. Well on toast of course with shedloads of butter then well-sprinkled with grated cheese. Oh this is so joyous. And it is also worth mentioning a close second is to have a whole tin of beans gently warmed up, so that the suace doesn't evaporate or congeal and then pour this over two suasage rolls piping hot and crisp and fresh out of the oven.

Summary: 11/10

No comments:

Post a Comment