Thursday 14 May 2009

For young and old (Rowntrees Fruit Gums)

Advantages: Full of flavour

Disadvantages: A bit on the dear side

These are a must in my Christmas stocking every year. I grew up with these. they were the quick tasty snack to satisfy my hunger for something sweet, and there was just one day I recall going to the local sweetie shop to find they had sold out! Okay I wasn't distraught, but you know how easily kids get disappointed. Now the 'tubes' are just enough to satisfy that sweet, fruity sugary rush that a child needs when out playing, but what about those times when you are sat infront of a cinema screen for two hours. Bearing in mind a tube of these sweets last me about five minutes. Well they also come in boxes. Not cheap mind you, but you get what you pay for. What really like about the boxed ones are the different shapes they come in - they are the shape of the fruit they are flavoured as. As well as the taste, I also like the feel of them in my mouth. The flavour and shape has changed over the years, and they dont seem as 'hard' as they used to (pop them in the fridge for half an hour to remedy this), but they are definitely taster than they were all those years ago when i was a wee thing.

Summary: The most delicious gum sweet ever

No comments:

Post a Comment