Thursday 14 May 2009

Cleaning bargain of the century - Tesco Value Sponge Pan Cleaners

Advantages: Great value for money for light work

Disadvantages: Won't last long for heavy duty pan cleaning.

I have a love/hate relationship with Tesco - There are certain ways they go about their business that I dislike, which can be discussed elsewhere, but I love some of the bargains they pop onto their shelves from time to time. 

No-one likes spending their hard earned cash on cleaning products, but they are necessary. Now I am firmly of the train of thought that you get what you pay for. So when I saw these Tesco Value Sponge Pan Cleaners for 30 pence, I thought "Hmmm! Let's give them a go anyway" 

Now I knew from the outset that I wouldn't be using these to clean pans with (most of mine are teflon coated - there is NO WAY anything remotely scratchy is going near them), but I got an old pan out and punished it with some scrambled egg, just so as I could test these. All I can say is, the pan-cleaner did the job - it did look a bit worse for wear afterwards, but hey, for 30 pence, what do you expect. 

No, the beauty of these is for things like wiping the surfaces and they are great for cleaning plates. 

There really isn't much to say about these except that they are great for non heavy duty general wiping, they work out at 5 pence EACH, and the best part of all is: 

Don't throw them away: - 

pop them in the washing machine with your dishtowels and dishcloths, when they start to look a little skanky and get another couple of uses out of them.

Summary: A proper bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment