Thursday 14 May 2009

What is red and messy and tastes delicious on almost anything? Heinz Tomato Ketchup

Advantages: It will add flavour to almost any savoury food.

Disadvantages: It is STILL impossible to get it out of the glass bottle

What is red and messy and tastes delicious on almost anything? 

Yes that is right Heinz tomato ketchup. No breakfast table should be without this, no lunch table should ever miss it, no dinner table should have to go without and suppertime would just be dour with out a splash of Britains favourite red tomato ketchup. 

How does it taste. It would be hard to describe it as anything other than tomatoey and just a teensy little bit sweet and sour. It is probably best nit ti describe the flavour, but compare it with other ketchups. The others quite simply try too hard to beat this in flavour, by adding other ingredients, buy Heinz remains simple and thouroughly tasty. 

I have a favourite place for this. One of my favourite places for this as a child was between two slices of bread, yes the good old Heinz Tomato Ketchup sandwich. My tastes though have changed and I do find the flavour on a sandwich alone, too tasty. 

But my favourite has to be on burger and chips. My burger has to be chargrilled, with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and raw onion rings. Then on top of all this, a swirl of Heinz Tomato Ketchup. Then either ketchup applied all over my chips, or a big blob on the side of the plate to dip the chips in. 

Right, my mouth is watering now and I am off to the kitchen!

Summary: The only tomato sauce worth considering

No comments:

Post a Comment